Thursday, July 30, 2009

POLVO/ TJL


Polvo is a band I have only recently discovered, being brought to my attention by the very knowledgeable and talented Marcello. Think angular, open tuned guitar 90's rock in the vein of sonic youth, without all that "were so goddamn hip and cool, fuck yes look at us" shtick that is becoming quite tiresome. Yeah I said it. At least Polvo was smart enough to call it quits after the first couple albums.


POLVO - Exploded Drawings


P.S. saw the mighty JESUS LIZARD last week. Man oh man, they know how to put the shame on every band I've ever seen. Lightning Bolt twice was ALMOST as great. Yow is a crazy drunken fuck. Here's some vids from the Capitol Hill block party.Big thanks to Seattle's The Stranger for making me stand through 8 hours of faux-folk jangly jackoffs and doofusy beer and irony soaked frat rock. And the chick from the distillers, WTF? Every other band on the lineup can go fuck right off. Especially Black Lips.






How hard is it for people my age to "bring it"? 98 percent of the bands I like have members all over 30. The only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Xirin Arms.

Jared.

No comments:

Post a Comment